Friday, October 03, 2014

Gerry Anderson's Firestorm at Kickstarter



I hope that all you fellow fans of the works of Gerry Anderson have already seen this exciting new project. 

Jamie Anderson has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund Firestorm, a new sci-fi series filmed in "Ultramarionation." 

The idea for this series originally came from Gerry Anderson and John Needham in 2001, and was called "Storm Force." 

This heir to Stingray (1964-1965), Thunderbirds (1965 - 1966), and Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons (1967-1968) is set to feature practical effects -- meaning real miniatures, real explosions, and puppets. 

I'm super excited about this project, and would love to see it come to fruition (perhaps as a precursor to a new Space:1999 follow-up...), so check out the video below, and if you can, think about contributing.  I just pledged!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...