Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Television and Cinema Verities #107




"When I first met him, Neill said, 'I grew up in South Africa. I grew up in a nice neighborhood in Johannesburg, but we'd drive a few miles and see poverty as abject as any place on earth. Then, when I was eighteen, we moved to Canada and the experience of moving to the First World so shocked me that all my life, everything I do, all my work, is a rumination on that incredible difference.' "

- Matt Damon discusses the underlying meaning of Elysium (2013), in a July 2013 interview at Esquire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...