Thursday, July 08, 2010

The Cult-TV Faces of: William Shatner

This week, She Blogged by Night is hosting a "Shatnerthon." My friend and excellent blogger J.D. at Radiator Heaven just yesterday offered a review and retrospective of Free Enterprise (1998), a kind of Woody Allen film for Shatner/Star Trek fans. He very aptly notes that the movie is sort of "the best Kevin Smith movie not made by Kevin Smith," a great and insightful observation. Anyway, in honor of the Shatnerthon, I present today the Cult TV Faces of The Shat. If you can, name the series, and the episode the photo originates from.





4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:58 AM

    As a Shatner fan, I'm proud to say I know them all. It's nice to see more reviews from his early shows.

    Thriller: The Hungry Glass
    The Outer Limits: Cold Hand, Warm Heart
    Twilight Zone: Nightmare at 20000 Feet
    The Man from U.N.C.L.E.: The Project Strigas Affair
    Star Trek: The Omega Glory
    Barbary Coast
    T.J. Hooker
    SeaQuest
    Boston Legal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous:

    Wow, a knock-out punch in Shatner-knowledge right out the gate. Now, can you name the episode of T.J. Hooker and Sea Quest?

    Excellent job!!!

    best,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out and the very kind words, my friend! I am a pretty big Kevin Smith fan so I was struck by the similarities from his stuff with FREE ENTERPRISE. It is definitely made in the same vein, albeit with some nods to several other films as I mentioned.

    And there are recent rumblings that a sequel is in the works which I'm really hoping happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew. I am humbled by Anonymous.
    J
    ohn, I jotted down a few thoughts in response to your kind comments over at my site to give you a bigger picture regarding a cautious recommendation to Babylon 5. It's not everyone's cup of tea and I would not rank it in my top 5on the whole. Farscape, Star Trek, Space:1999 and others would certainly come before it.

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...