Friday, May 28, 2010

Now Available on DVD: Haunted (2002)


Haunted was a UPN series that aired in 2002 and starred Matthew Fox before he became a star on Lost (2004 - 2010).

Here, Fox played Frank Taylor, a detective who could communicate with the dead. The supernatural program was canceled after seven hour-long episodes aired in prime time, but this new DVD release features all eleven episodes produced.


I watched the series when it originally aired eight years ago, (I used to have a lot more time, apparently...) and was moderately impressed. I'll be curious to see how Haunted holds up almost a decade later. I remember that back in the day, everybody was obsessed with comparing the show to The Sixth Sense (1999), so it didn't have a good chance to establish much of an identity. Today, that might not be an issue, and an objective retrospective seems in order...

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes John. I knew you would get to this show sooner or later. I have been singing it's praises since it first aired as I watched it also during it's original run. I was really impressed with the series and had hoped UPN would give it a chance, but the ratings were not what UPN wanted. I think this is a highly underrated show which had the involvement of Millennium alums Kay Reindl and Erin Maher as show writers and producers, and the music of Mark Snow. A fantastic series that everyone should take another look at. Thanks for posting this John!

    ReplyDelete

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...