Wednesday, June 14, 2006

CATNAP # 38: Lily on the Ledge


I worry about Lily.

This little black burst of lightning is my youngest cat (still a kitten, technically...).

She's the cat who we adopted last year after she was rescued in a Food Lion parking lot near our vet's office. Her tail had been mangled in the fan belt of a car and had to be amputated.

So her balance ain't exactly great...(and without a tail, she looks like a little black bunny...)

Despite this, Lily makes a habit of playing daredevil, and walking the high ledge over our second story foyer and staircase.

She also likes to sleep by the window, and I worry she's going to nod off and fall.

Here are a few pictures of her in action. In the middle two, she's navigating the perimeter of the railing.

In the others, she's perched in the window.

I get vertigo just thinking about her up there...

1 comment:

  1. Surely if she was a bit wobbly she'd freak out and not go out on the ledge. I'm sure she's fine; and anyway, she'd got nine lives to play with.

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...